First of all, congratulations on finalizing your lease and getting ready to move into your new space!
As I am sure you are finding out, moving your office is no small task and the bigger the company or corporation, the more complex your move will be. To make this process as smooth as possible we recommend appropriating the proper amount of time and planning before the day of occupancy. To help you get started in the planning process here is a pre-moving day checklist for you.
1. Notify present landlord of termination date
2. Send out a team notification of date and location of move
3. Price out and engage a moving company
4. File change-of-address forms at post office, forward mail, notify vendors of new address
5. Reserve elevators/loading docks for moving day
6. Bid and award telephone and computer cabling
7. Obtain and test keys to the new premises
8. Meet with parties involved (designer/mover/cabling) to ensure details are covered
9. Order any office furniture/equipment & run an inventory of existing furniture
10. Obtain the Certificate of Occupancy and any another required permits or licenses
11. Change locks/ access codes on new premises
12. Arrange for post-move cleaning
13. Arrange for listing on lobby director of new building
14. Order new marketing materials with the new address (business cards, stationary, etc)
15. Schedule PR efforts announcing your new office and throw a fantastic office-warming party!